Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2003/01/10 08:37:07 UTC

file permissions need fixing

Serge,

Could you please sign into daedalus and fix some access rights on files
you've updated.  The ones you did earlier are all marked 644, meaning that I
can't update them.  I think that they ought to be 664 (umask 022) to allow
group (jakarta) members to change.

 $ cd /www/jakarta.apache.org/james
 $ chmod -R g+w *
 $ cd /www/www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/james
 $ chmod -R g+w *

should probably do it.  Then I can finish some site updates.  :-)

	--- Noel

RE: file permissions need fixing

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Alright, group has write permission.

Thanks.  Making some site updates.

> BTW, I still have to approve your commit email messages... can you see if
> you can get noel@apache.org on the mailing list?

Sorry, I thought that was done before.  Should be fixed now.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
> Could you please sign into daedalus and fix some access rights on files
> you've updated.  The ones you did earlier are all marked 644, meaning that
> can't update them.  I think that they ought to be 664 (umask 022) to allow
> group (jakarta) members to change.

Alright, group has write permission.

BTW, I still have to approve your commit email messages... can you see if
you can get noel@apache.org on the mailing list?

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/

RE: file permissions need fixing

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
<<grin>>  Thanks.  You haven't replied yet, but I see you online.

	--- Noel