Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de> on 2022/02/05 17:27:09 UTC

Live Dashboard

Hi everyone,
since we've put a lot of work into the new data explorer and the underlying REST API for historical data access, I suggest to use the same API for the live dashboard.
Currently, events are sent over Websockets, so that no initial data is available in the dashboard and we require an additional service for the Websocket transport.
By using the data lake API, we can remove the dependency to ActiveMQ.

In the mid-term, it probably makes sense to integrate the live dashboard functionalities into the data explorer, but for now this should be a good step to make the installation more lightweight.

I'll create a ticket and start working on this - is there anything which you think needs to be considered?

Dominik