Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Nageswara rao Gurram <na...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/27 11:09:23 UTC

Net::SAML2 Compilation Error

Hi,
   I Installed new Module Net::SAML2 and all its dependencies. But
when I try to use it, I am getting Compilation error.
 I put 'use Net::SAML2' in my other module which causes the error, and
also I verified it INC path too, it exists.
More Info on error:

[Mon May 27 11:36:34 2013] [error] [16474]ERR:  24:  Error in Perl
code: Attempt to reload ftd_indices.pm aborted.\nCompilation failed in
require at /usr/local/perl-5.14/lib/site_perl/5.14.2/x86_64-linux/Apache2/porting.pm
line 90.\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted
Please help, I am trying from past two days.

Thanks,
Nageswara Rao G.

Re: Net::SAML2 Compilation Error

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On 28/05/13 09:06, Nageswara rao Gurram wrote:
> I am using PerlModule Apache2::porting for debugging purpose.

Oh my goodness! I have never had a look at this module before. This
thing tries to be really clever. It installs an &UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD and
overwrites CORE::GLOBAL::require.

The module is short. I think if you litter it with debugging statements
you may find the culprit.

Torsten

Re: Net::SAML2 Compilation Error

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On 27/05/13 14:37, Nageswara rao Gurram wrote:
> My mod_perl simply can't load XML::Generator. As soon as I put "use
> XML::Generator;" in a perl startup file and include in httpd.conf,
> Apache won't start, complaining that it can't locate
> XML/Generator/overload.pm in @INC.
>
> But the package XML::Generator::overload is in the same file as
> XML/Generator.pm. Furthermore, when I go through the commandline (say
> "perl -d -MXML::Generator -e 1"), all is fine.
>
> And when I delete Apache2::porting.pm module from conf file, apache
> starting fine.

Modperl does nothing special with C<use> or C<require>.

The only reason I can think of is that something tampers with %INC or
@INC or perhaps %XML::Generator::.

Do you use Apache2::Reload?

Do you use PerlOptions +Autoload?

Do you have perhaps relative path names in $PER5LIB or similar?

Torsten

Re: Net::SAML2 Compilation Error

Posted by Nageswara rao Gurram <na...@gmail.com>.
By digging further, I found these details:

My mod_perl simply can't load XML::Generator. As soon as I put "use
XML::Generator;" in a perl startup file and include in httpd.conf,
Apache won't start, complaining that it can't locate
XML/Generator/overload.pm in @INC.

But the package XML::Generator::overload is in the same file as
XML/Generator.pm. Furthermore, when I go through the commandline (say
"perl -d -MXML::Generator -e 1"), all is fine.

And when I delete Apache2::porting.pm module from conf file, apache
starting fine.