Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Lourival Júnior <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 15:11:50 UTC

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Please I'm testing nutch 0.8.1 and I still get this error when trying to run
a simple commad:

Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

What's wrong? I'm running in Windows 2000 with cygwin.

Posted by Yong Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Try this way if you are sure others are right (all jar files can be seen via
classpath, especially the hadoop-0.7.1.jar)
in bin/nutch (is bash script), the last line:
exec "$JAVA" $JAVA_HEAP_MAX $NUTCH_OPTS -classpath "$CLASSPATH" $CLASS "$@"
==>
Replace the $NUTCH_OPTS with your real windows path (including " for long
path name, for example:
-Dhadoop.log.dir="c:\Documents and
Settings\franky\nutch\nutch-snapshot\build\nutch-0.9-dev\logs" -
Dhadoop.log.file=hadoop.log).

Good luck.
Frank

--