Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Iftach Ben-Yosef <ib...@outbrain.com> on 2020/06/14 07:27:15 UTC

Configure Kafka MM2 on Kafka 2.5 to copy from several topics with the same name into 1 destination

Hello,

Currently we are using mm1 to copy from several DCs into aggregated kafka
clusters. The name of the source and destination topics are the same.

MM2 adds the source cluster prefix automatically and this causes issues for
our use case. Is there a way to tell MM2 to not create the source cluster
prefix and act like the old MM1?

I have tried to change the replication.policy.class and provide it with a
custom jar plugin to change the behaviour but it does not work as expected
(mirroring freezes after a short while of running)

Would appreciate help if anyone has experience with this use case.

Thanks!
Iftach

--
The above terms reflect a potential business arrangement, are provided
solely as a basis for further discussion, and are not intended to be and do

This email and any
attachments hereto may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this
communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please
erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone
to the wrong person. Thanks.