Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/17 09:22:33 UTC

Product Catalog Maintenance Workefforts?

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up about 30 of our products (clothing) in
ofbiz manually and I'm constantly finding that I have to check back over
what I've done to make sure I didn't miss anything or just to find out
where I was up to.

I asked here a couple of weeks ago about creating a screen to show
products that aren't members of any categories, but now I'm wondering if
a better approach might be to create a workeffort when any of the
essentials are missing from a product?
A couple that come to mind:
No default/list price for a finished good
No selectable features for a virtual
No variants for a virtual
No categories assigned to any product

We could then add a screen to the catalog manager detailing the issues
with easy links to the product to fix them.  Any thoughts?  My thinking
is that a product incorrectly setup would cost sales and no one wants
ofbiz blamed for that :-)

Thanks
Scott

Re: Product Catalog Maintenance Workefforts?

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi BJ

Thanks for your comments.  I was more wondering though whether anyone
thinks this would be useful in the project or if not I'll focus more on
what I need it to do rather than what might be best for the project.  I
would appreciate any comments so that I can get to work with that in mind.

Thanks
Scott

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.