Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ian Grainger <ia...@isfluent.com> on 2011/11/25 13:29:37 UTC

Unable to index documents using DataImportHandler with MSSQL

Hi I have copied my Solr config from a working Windows server to a new
one, and it can't seem to run an import.

They're both using win server 2008 and SQL 2008R2. This is the data
importer config

    <dataConfig>
      <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource"  name="ds1"
            driver="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
            url="jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=DB"
            user="Solr"
            password="pwd"/>
      <document name="datas">
        <entity name="data" dataSource="ds1" pk="key"
    	query="EXEC SOLR_COMPANY_SEARCH_DATA"
    	deltaImportQuery="SELECT * FROM Company_Search_Data WHERE
[key]='${dataimporter.delta.key}'"
    	deltaQuery="SELECT [key] FROM Company_Search_Data WHERE modify_dt
> '${dataimporter.last_index_time}'">
              <field column="WorkDesc_Comments"
name="WorkDesc_Comments_Split" />
              <field column="WorkDesc_Comments" name="WorkDesc_Comments_Edge" />
        </entity>
      </document>
    </dataConfig>

I can use MS SQL Profiler to watch the Solr user log in successfully,
but then nothing. It doesn't seem to even try and execute the stored
procedure. Any ideas why this would be working one server and not on
another?

FTR the only thing in the tomcat catalina log is:

    org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$1 call
    INFO: Creating a connection for entity data with URL:
jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=CATLive

--
Ian

ian@isfluent.com
+44 (0)1223 257903

Re: Unable to index documents using DataImportHandler with MSSQL

Posted by Ian Grainger <ia...@isfluent.com>.
Hah, I've just come on here to suggest you do the same thing! Thanks
for getting back to me - and interesting we both came up with the same
solution!

Now I have the problem that running a delta update updates the
'dataimport.properties' file - but then just re-fetches all the data
regardless! Weird!

Posted by Ian Grainger <ia...@isfluent.com>.
Right.

Posted by Ian Grainger <ia...@isfluent.com>.