Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2017/11/02 20:08:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Hi,

we are moving towards a code base that builds on Linux. Those build files
will only work on VS 2017. Hence, I wonder: Shall we declare VS 2017 as the
oldest version of VS REEF can be built with? I'm certainly in favor of this.

WDYT?

Markus

Re: [DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Posted by Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

I am okay to go to Visual Studio 2017 as a minimum.

Best,
Rogan

Re: [DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Is everyone OK with making VS 2017 a requirement to build REEF on Thursday,
November 16th? That is 2 weeks after the first email on this thread.

Markus

Re: [DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Posted by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Posted by Douglas Service <ds...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

RE: [DISCUSS] Require VS 2017

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.
Even I haven't installed VS 2007 yet 😊. Give people some grace period for everyone to switch to VS2007.

Thanks,
Julia