Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Stefan Murawski <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/18 14:34:50 UTC

Cannot bind to Active Directory when Password has Umlauts

Hi,

I am using M20 of the Api with the following code:

BindRequest bindRequest = new BindRequestImpl();
bindRequest.setSimple(true);
bindRequest.setName(user);
bindRequest.setCredentials(password);
BindResponse resp = connection.bind(bindRequest);
if (resp == null) {
throw new LdapException("Response is NULL");
} else if (resp.getLdapResult().getResultCode() != ResultCodeEnum.SUCCESS) {
throw new LdapException("Error: "
+ resp.getLdapResult().getResultCode());
}

If the user has a Password with Umlauts
like: V3YtF3HiV3YtF3HiV3YtF3HiöäüV3YtF3HiV3YtF3Hi

I will get the following Exception:
MessageType : BIND_RESPONSE
Message ID : 1
    BindResponse
        Ldap Result
            Result code : (INVALID_CREDENTIALS) invalidCredentials
            Matched Dn : ''
            Diagnostic message : '80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903A9,
comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v1db1

I also tried: bindRequest.setCredentials(Strings.getBytesUtf8(password));
and using M24 to no avail.

Looking for clues and help.

Thank you!,
Stefan

Re: Cannot bind to Active Directory when Password has Umlauts

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Stefan Murawski <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the previous message.
> The error was somewhere else.

thanks a ton for sending this, I have been trying to find an AD instance to
test.

appreciate much for sending the response rather than ignoring it.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Cannot bind to Active Directory when Password has Umlauts

Posted by Stefan Murawski <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,