Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Enrico Goosen <en...@ipay.co.za> on 2004/05/21 13:15:28 UTC

RPCProvider - NullPointerException

Hi,

I've setup an Apache Axis Web service as a proxy which forwards
org.apache.axis.Message's to my Transaction Server over a TCP/IP socket.

On the Transaction Server, it reconstructs the org.apache.axis.Message
from the input stream.

I then instantiate an RPCProvider and manually call processMessage()
to hopefully deserialize the RPCElement and call the appropriate method
on my Server side object.

Here's a code snippet:

SOAPEnvelope reqEnv = reqMsg.getSOAPEnvelope();
SOAPEnvelope resEnv = SOAPEnvelope();
rpcProvider.processMessage(msgContext, reqEnv, resEnv, this);
Message resMsg = new Message(resEnv);

I've looked at the Axis source and traced the error to the following
position:

RPCProvider.processMessage() > RPCElement.getParams() >
RPCElement.deserialize()

In the deserialize() method:

//context = DeserializationContextImpl
MessageContext msgContext = context.getMessageContext();

Which returns a null MessageContext.

Any ideas why this is happening?

PS! The reqMsg received on the incoming TCP/IP socket, is not being
processed by a Transport chain and/or Global chain.

Regards,
Enrico