Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Martin Webb <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/11 13:41:08 UTC

Feature dynamic-height is the method adjustHeight or _IG_AdjustIFrameHeight

The Google Gadget API specifies using the _IG_AdjustIFrameHeight method
within the gadget, yet this method is not exposed as a skeleton method
within dynamic-height.js feature, instead it exposes:

gadgets.Window.adjustHeight = function(opt_height) {
  // TODO
};

Is the intention to expose adjustHeight, _IG_AdjustIFrameHeight,
_AdjustIFrameHeight or something else?  Any change to the method name will
cause gadgets that comply with the Google Gadget API when run on shindig to
fail with:

Error: _IG_AdjustIFrameHeight is not defined

Not raised as a Jira issue yet - as I may have missed something obvious?

Regards
Martin

Re: Feature dynamic-height is the method adjustHeight or _IG_AdjustIFrameHeight

Posted by David Glazer <dg...@google.com>.
The intent is to encourage use of the new method, but support use of the old
method for backwards compatibility.  I don't know where the "backwards
compatibility shim" is supposed to live, or whether it's in the code yet.
  - dG

Posted by Zhen Wang <zh...@apache.org>.
Yes, _IG_AdjustIFrameHeight accepts an optional parameter.

Posted by Martin Webb <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/shindig/trunk/features/dynamic-height/dynamic-height.js?view=log&pathrev=611045

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.