Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeroen Reijn <jr...@hippo.nl> on 2007/05/24 18:41:44 UTC

Commiting issue 2069

Hi guys,

I noticed that somebody on the userlist posted that Cocoon 2.1 does not
work after doing a build without samples.
Reproducing the problem was of course very simple and I've written two
patches. I want to commit this, but it concerns the portal block. It
would be nice if somebody else can also have a look at my patch, before
I commit it, since I'm not that familiar with the Portal block.

I've attached the patches to a JIRA issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2069

Please let me know, so I can do my first commit :-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen Reijn
jreijn.at.apache.org / http://blogs.hippo.nl/reijn/

Re: Commiting issue 2069

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ralph Goers schrieb:
> I'll look at this but I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense.  Including
> the portal block without some sort of portal application to go with it
> doesn't make sense. In this case, if you don't want the portal sample
> then the portal block should be removed as well.
Yes, that's true - more or less :) I included the portal block without
the sample and provided an own portal application. But then of course
the configuration is complete again. So, just the portal block without
anything else and without the sample does not make sense.

> And yes Carsten, you remember correctly.  The portal block should not be
> modified.
:)

Thanks Ralph!

Carsten