Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Ashika Umanga Umagiliya <um...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/26 06:05:10 UTC

AVG measure is missing?

I cannot find average (ABG) measure in the UI as well as in the
documentation:

In the documentation I cannot find average as well :

"There are 5 different types of measure according to its expression: SUM,
MAX, MIN, COUNT and COUNT_DISTINCT. Please be carefully to choose the
return type, which is related to the error rate of the COUNT(DISTINCT)"

I use the latest 1.5.x version of Kylin

Re: AVG measure is missing?

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
No need to additionally define AVG; SUM is enough.

Re: AVG measure is missing?

Posted by Ashika Umanga Umagiliya <um...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the reply.
I was asking how to use AVG in measures when we create the cube, not during
querying the cubes.

Basically ,
*Step 3. Measures*
http://kylin.apache.org/docs15/tutorial/create_cube.html