Posted to users@maven.apache.org by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/01/07 21:14:16 UTC

viewable info on individual plugins and maven.xml goals

Although I would prefer not to, I frequently need to create a maven.xml
to do some special things.

One great thing from Ant was the '-projecthelp' option that would output
the available targets and documentation.  I find that 'maven -g' is
overwhelming, since I usually only need to view one plugin at a time.  I
usually create a 'help' goal that documents all of my special goals and
properties.

It would be nice if:

1) 'maven -g <plugin>' would show all of the goals from the specified plugin

2) maven -go (goal override, or something similar) could show all goals
from maven.xml, like Ant's projecthelp.

Questions:

1) Have I missed something -- does this functionality already exist
somehwere?

2) Do others agree that these are good ideas?

Thanks for any input!

Re: viewable info on individual plugins and maven.xml goals

Posted by Chad Brandon <ch...@yahoo.com>.
I agree...I think that would be really helpful if
something like that existed.