Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by goratz <go...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/13 11:41:44 UTC

TLF, problem with the delay of updates

Hi, I have a problem with the TLF, I'm trying to take the actual Status of
the Textflow but it gives me a previous state, it looks like it waits to
Enter_Frame Event to update all the information.

Can I force the TLF to update all of this without wait to the Enter_Frame
Event? I tryied with updateallcontrollers but it didn't work.

Thank you very much.

Re: TLF, problem with the delay of updates

Posted by goratz <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harbs, thank you for your answer.

Example text:

*Before:*
Line 1: This is a example text.

*After:*
Line 1: This is a ◙example
Line 2: text.

I tryied to make a example but in the example it works so I don't know
what's happening. I have this on my code:
		EditManager.delayUpdates			= false;
		EditManager.allowDelayedOperations	= false;

And I did TextFlow.flowComposer.updateAllControllers() too.

And when I get the text of the Line 1, I see the symbol of the image but the
line text it appears like "This is a ◙example text." and it should be "This
is a ◙example." because "text." should be in the next Line.

Do you have any idea of what is happening here? Any action over the textflow
or the EditManager could dissable the delayUpdates = false?

Posted by goratz <go...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Harbs, I will try with the UPDATE_COMPLETE event.

Re: TLF, problem with the delay of updates

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I wrote a Google Doc a while back to document the TLF lifecycle:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u-ljSsTjZORoUVQtJT9gt0wcZxBBkRZaGza3MbzNsL8/edit?usp=sharing

Harbs

Posted by flex capacitor <fl...@gmail.com>.
It is not clear what you are asking but if you have images in your text
flow they do not display right away. There are various status events that
you can listen for to see when an image has loaded. After that you can call
updateAllControllers and it will move the text to the new line.

The RichEditableText component will listen for inline images and update the
control when the image loads, the RichText does not guarantee it will
update the control (in this case RichText will not guarantee it will show
the image).

You can add event listeners on the TextFlow to listen for the StatusChange
event and update the text flow when any new image loads.

Note: If you set the width and height of the image in TLF markup then the
text flow knows how to lay out it's contents before the image loads and
there will be no resizing.

Posted by goratz <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I don’t know what you mean by the Status, but updateAllControllers() should do it. Depending on what you need, compose() might be enough.

I’m going to need more details to even guess what your problem is.