Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jorg Heymans <Jo...@12snap.com> on 2003/07/29 10:53:09 UTC

why request generator not cacheable ?

Hi,

Is there a particular reason why the requestgenerator does not implement the
cacheable interface (not for 2.0 and 2.1)?
It can't be that difficult to implement cachekey generation based on for
example the requestParameters?

This post discusses the same thing
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105672060200789&w=2>
&m=105672060200789&w=2

I know I can do this myself, just want to know "the obvious reason" why this
was not done from the beginning.

Thanks
Jorg

Re: why request generator not cacheable ?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
It's better to ask such questions on the dev list - or to provide a
patch if you don't see any reason ;-)

Joerg