Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org> on 2022/05/16 20:07:26 UTC

IEP-90 Ignite 3 Client Lifecycle

Hi, Igniters

I've prepared an IEP for Ignite 3 Client Lifecycle [1]. The main idea is to
define client lifecycle as well as core algorithms and mechanisms used by
clients. This proposal can be used as a reference for implementation of a
new client for Ignite when dealing with such problems as:

   - Resolving of user-provided addresses;
   - Initial connection to a cluster;
   - Maintaining cluster connection;
   - Connection recovery;
   - Connection break handling.

So take a look and let me know what you think guys.

[1] -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-90+Client+Lifecycle

Best Regards,
Igor

Re: IEP-90 Ignite 3 Client Lifecycle

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
One more corner case:

In case of a connection loss, even if the message was successfully written
to the socket, there is no guarantee it was read on the other side
For example, a client could have sent a request with ID 10, but the server
did not get it.
Or the server sent a reply to request 9, but the client did not get it.

So when a logical connection is restored, we need to compare pending client
requests (TcpClientChannel.pendingReqs) with the server outbox.
To do that, I propose to send a list of known requestIds from the server to
the client.
The client then completes missing requests with an error and RetryPolicy
will deal with them up the call stack.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Another point:

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.