Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by httpd user <ht...@slib.fr> on 2001/11/16 16:13:39 UTC

Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)

Hi to all,

I've got some patchs to start the AS/400 (IBM iSeries) port of APR and Apache 2.0.
I hope you'll be interested to include it :)

Regards.

Re: Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On 17 Nov 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> "httpd user" <ht...@slib.fr> writes:
>
> > I've got some patchs to start the AS/400 (IBM iSeries) port of APR
> > and Apache 2.0. I hope you'll be interested to include it :)
>
> For my benefit, and perhaps the benefit of others...
> . who are you (your e-mail looks familiar)

Henri Gomez <hg...@slib.fr>?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"httpd user" <ht...@slib.fr> writes:

> Hi to all,
>
> I've got some patchs to start the AS/400 (IBM iSeries) port of APR and Apache 2.0.
> I hope you'll be interested to include it :)

For my benefit, and perhaps the benefit of others...

. who are you (your e-mail looks familiar)
. if you post patches as attachments, can you set the mime type to
  text/plain?
. if a patch is for srclib/apr or srclib/apr-util, please post it to
  dev@apr.apache.org
. give us an idea of the amount of work required to get it to work on
  iSeries (just for curiosity)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> I don't see why we can't.  The code needs to be reviewed
> whether the code is submitted with a name or not.

One word: liability.  Two more: patent infringement.
I think we need some evidence of good faith that the
code isn't encumbered, or else it can't get any closer
than the contrib directory.  The accountability of a
reasonable submitter name is far from perfect, but not
as far as that of an anonymous one. :-)
--
#ken	P-)}

Re: Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Friday 16 November 2001 06:24 pm, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 04:13:39PM +0100, httpd user wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > I've got some patchs to start the AS/400 (IBM iSeries) port of APR and
> > Apache 2.0. I hope you'll be interested to include it :)
>
> Not to discourage contributions like this (they are greatly appreciated)
> but I don't see how we can accept contributions from people who do
> not identify themselves by name. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Apache
> cannot accept contributions from anonymous authors.

I don't see why we can't.  The code needs to be reviewed whether the code
is submitted with a name or not.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org

Re: Some patches to start supporting AS/400 (iSeries)

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 04:13:39PM +0100, httpd user wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I've got some patchs to start the AS/400 (IBM iSeries) port of APR and Apache 2.0.
> I hope you'll be interested to include it :)

Not to discourage contributions like this (they are greatly appreciated)
but I don't see how we can accept contributions from people who do
not identify themselves by name. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Apache
cannot accept contributions from anonymous authors.

Just an observation,
-aaron