Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Pierrick HYMBERT <pi...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/22 10:38:35 UTC

PR or Patch File for external contribution ?

Hi,

What is the most appropriate way for log4j team to handle external
contribution ? GitHub Pull Request or Patch file ?

I used to attach patch in jira from my local branch, but then I tried
tutorial from Gary [1] and see that it is possible to ask for PR directly
from github forked repo [2] and then you may merge to apache repo.

Personnaly I feel it more convenient, don't you ?

[1]
https://garygregory.wordpress.com/2016/11/10/how-to-catch-up-my-git-fork-to-master/
[2] https://github.com/phymbert/logging-log4j2

Re: PR or Patch File for external contribution ?

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org>.
We would however like to have a JIRA issue even when you open a GitHub
PR, and have them linked together.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.

--
Dominik Psenner

Re: PR or Patch File for external contribution ?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.