Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Blair Cruz <bl...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/29 03:52:29 UTC

manager deploy not working in windows

I have Tomcat running on my Windows box and my Linux box. The Manager deploy
wont work on Windows but works great on Linux.  Both machines are running
Tomcat 5.5.17 and JVM version 1.5.0_08-b03.

The application deploys fine for the first time on both machines.  When I do
another deploy, which consists of an undeploy then deploy, the Windows box
has problems.  I get an error message that says: The requested resource
(/polling/) is not available.
*
*If I do the same thing on the Linux box there are no problems.  I'm very
confused by this as both machines are clearly running the same version of
Tomcat and of Java. *
*
Here is the server information from the Windows box

Server Information  Tomcat Version JVM Version JVM Vendor OS Name OS Version OS
Architecture  Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 1.5.0_08-b03 Sun Microsystems Inc. Windows
XP 5.1 x86

And the server information from the Linux box

Tomcat Version JVM Version JVM Vendor OS Name OS Version OS
Architecture  Apache
Tomcat/5.5.17 1.5.0_08-b03 Sun Microsystems Inc. Linux 2.6.15-26-386 i386

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.  I have been
developing against Linux for quite some time and I need to deploy my
application to a Windows environment through the Manager and I ran into
this.  Thanks for any help.

Thanks,
Blair Cruz

Re: manager deploy not working in windows

Posted by Blair Cruz <bl...@gmail.com>.
That fixed it.  Thanks a ton for the quick response and solution.

-blair

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Blair Cruz <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Blair Cruz [mailto:blair.cruz@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: manager deploy not working in windows
>
> I don't know much about APR, I just looked at the guide on the Tomcat
> website.  If it answers your question, I didn't install it.

If you used the .exe for the Windows install, you may have gotten the
APR.  In 5.5.20, it's not installed by default, but I'm not sure whether
it might have been in earlier versions of 5.5.  For non-Windows systems,
you have to build the corresponding .so file, and it doesn't sound like
you did that.  Look in your Tomcat bin directory on the Windows box; if
there's a tcnative-1.dll there, try renaming it, then restarting Tomcat,
then doing your undeploy/deploy operation.  This is probably a wild
goose chase, but it's easy to check out.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: manager deploy not working in windows

Posted by Blair Cruz <bl...@gmail.com>.
I don't know much about APR, I just looked at the guide on the Tomcat
website.  If it answers your question, I didn't install it.  I took all the
defaults for Tomcat on Windows and Linux.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.