Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Kolotyluk <er...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/24 22:33:44 UTC

Java 9 - Can I add the MainClass attribute to module-info.class in the archive?

In Java 9, you can create a JAR file with

jar --create --file=mlib/com.greetings.jar --main-class=com.greetings.Main -C mods/com.greetings .

Which has the side effect of adding the MainClass attribute to the
module-info.class file in the .jar file.

Do any of the plugins support this yet, or do I need to invoke the Java
9 'jar' command directly?

Is this the right forum to be asking these questions, or should I go to
StackOverflow or somewhere else?

Cheers, Eric