Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sergio Antoy <an...@cs.pdx.edu> on 2000/04/06 20:26:06 UTC

installation report

The following refers to an attempt to install Tomcat 3.0 on RH6.1,
Apache 1.3.9, jdk1.2.2.  I am using the HOWTO $Revision: 1.1 $
$Date: 2000/02/08 21:08:34 $.  I adjusted some paths and I think
I went as fas as

       * Try either http://<hostname>/examples/servets/ or
         http://<hostname>/examples/jsp/ to verify it is working.

In either case, the browser waits a long time and outputs

       The document contains no data.

I think that there are no examples in the binary distribution.
The examples directory has only META-INF empty subdirectories.
I tried to fill the examples directory from the source distribution
of Tomcat, but it did not help.

Regards,
Sergio
                                  --------------------------------