Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 11:10:55 UTC

what does j_security_check do in clustering?

Dear Tomcat devs,

I meet a problem when config a web project which using the form based
security in clustering.

When I set session affinity = true in my front http server, the security
check was done in single node, there is no problem with that.
But if I set affinity = false, the requests from the security check process
are sent to 2 nodes, and it is really strange.. eg:

1. From index.html(NodeA), try to access protected resouce
2. Go to the logon.html(NodeB), I input the id/passwd, and then submit
3. The request looks like sent to NodeA, but did not do any check operation.

Does that work as design? that is, if I wanna use form check security, my
cluster must be session affinity?

Thanks in advance!

-Rex

Re: what does j_security_check do in clustering?

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
hi Mark, Thanks, I will send a mail there. I thought developers hold more
knowledge on this. So just want a confirm of my question.

-Rex

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.