Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM> on 2007/05/07 21:24:56 UTC

Upgrade tests in tinderbox and daily regression tests

org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.upgradeTests._Suite is now
included in the tinderbox test (run as a separate test), see e.g.

http://dbtg.thresher.com/derby/test/tinderbox_trunk16/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/testSummary-535867.html

It will also be included in the daily regression tests.

I saw one error running with 10.0:
Mike Matrigali wrote:
 > As of change 535521 I believe you should see no errors testing
 > upgrade as described below, let me know if you still have
 > a problem.  I ran upgrade against all lib
 > varients available and only now see 1 issue, DERBY-2612.  This
 > issue only affects upgrade of 10.0 testing.  I am
 > hoping someone who better understands the upgrade test will
 > take a look at that one.
 >
 > It would be great if nightly trunk testing would incorporate
 > the upgrade testing at this point to make sure we catch any
 > upgrade errors quickly.  We may not want to include 10.0 testing
 > until DERBY-2612 is resolved.

10.0 is therefore currently NOT made available in

-DderbyTesting.oldReleasePath=/usr/local/share/java/derby/lib

which in my setup contain:
  10.1.1.0
  10.1.2.1
  10.1.3.1