Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@davelester.org> on 2015/01/21 01:57:46 UTC

Upcoming deadlines to drive Aurora graduation

Hi All,

I'm psyched to hear that there's agreement [1] within the Aurora
community that we're getting close to graduation!

I reviewed the Apache Incubator graduation guide this afternoon [2]
including the set of steps we'd need to take if we'd like to see Aurora
voted as a TLP at March's Apache board meeting. These have been captured
in a set of JIRA tickets. [3] Adding a buffer of time between each of
the necessary steps, the process of graduating will take approximately
four weeks.

Since the Apache board meeting is the 3rd Wednesday of each month, we'll
unfortunately miss February's meeting. Instead, I'd suggest we aim for
graduation at the March 18th board meeting.

With the March board meeting in mind, we'd need to complete the
following steps no later than these dates (many could be done earlier
which I'd encourage):

Now and mid-February: vote on 0.7.0 release, and name search AURORA-1035
Feb 15, Aurora community vote begins, AURORA-1037
Feb 18, Tally Aurora community vote for Aurora
Feb 23-27, prepare the Aurora charter, AURORA-1036
March 1, IPMC graduation vote begins
March 4, Tally IPMC vote vote for Aurora, AURORA-1038
March 8, graduation resolution sent to Apache board, AURORA-1040
March 15, agenda for Apache board is frozen
March 18, Apache board meeting
Late March, throw a party of some kind (obviously)

Feedback along with your help reviewing my draft schedule is welcome,
this is just my interpretation of Apache's guidelines and I'd like to
see that carefully follow each step to make this a reality. If folks are
happy with this schedule, I'll add the associated dates to related JIRA
tickets.

Dave

[1] http://markmail.org/message/b4t6uxhcz6i5ikap
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1034

Re: Upcoming deadlines to drive Aurora graduation

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot for preparing this, Dave!  I do hope we can advance the whole
schedule a week or two by kicking off the 0.7.0 vote this week, but this is
a good conservative schedule to make the target date.

-=Bill