Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Kiran | കിരണ്‍ <ki...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/18 20:33:10 UTC

md5sum not matching

Hi,

I was trying to download and install Geronimo in my Fedora Core 5 system.
Found that the zip is not ready to unpack fully and gives the error shown
below. I used the mirror
http://www.mirrorgeek.com/apache.org/geronimo/1.1.1/geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.1.1.tar.gz.

geronimo-1.1.1/repository/geronimo-spec/geronimo-spec-corba/1.0/geronimo-
spec-corba-1.0.jar
tar: Skipping to next header

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
tar: Child returned status 1

The md5sum that I got on the .tgz is
d400fc8b656fb59369d5f81d44b4c5ac

But md5 sum given in the site is
e1bf3a63f439b7ad04a5d662cecea6f0

Do you smell anything bad? Or is it some problem with the packaging?

Thanks,
Kiran

Re: md5sum not matching

Posted by Kiran | കിരണ്‍ <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi Herman,

Thanks for the response and sorry for the confusion. I think my connection
was breaking in between and the download stopping in between. The filesize
was only 14 MB when I checked. Now I downloaded it fully (33.4 MB) and got
it right.

Thanks,
Kiran

Re: md5sum not matching