Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matt Funk <ma...@gmx.net> on 2008/07/10 00:49:14 UTC

[users@httpd] php and apache

Hi,

i hope i am posting to the right list.

Just upfront: I am by no means an expert with apache but i have never really
had any issues setting up a web server.

Anyway, I am running apache/2.2.9 on a debian etch box. My setup used to work
but after a friend did a debian upgrade something seems to have gone wrong.

There seem to be several issues (one is that the virtual host doesn't seem to
work anymore(even though it is enabled). I.e. it only picks up the index.html
in the root directory). However the first issue is that the php support
doesn't seem to work anymore.

When i apachectl -M it tells me that the php5_module (shared) is loaded.
I can restart reload the server without any problem. I didn't see anything in
the error.log either.

Here is the modified index.html that the server looks at:
 <head>
  <title>Index.html: PHP Test</title>
 </head>
 PHP test 2<br />
 <?php echo '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?>

It does not interpret the php correctly. Like i said, i am not an expert, so
hopefully there is someone who can point me in the right direction?

thanks
matt

Re: [users@httpd] php and apache

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.