Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2019/12/31 13:59:51 UTC

[platform] IOProvider - org.netbeans.api.io vs org.openide.windows

While trying to solve a problem related to class loading
ClassNotFoundException ... starting from ...
I noticed that there are actually two IOProviders available, one in
org.netbeans.api.io and the other one in org.openide.windows. How come?
They are similar, but not identical.

Any guidelines on which to use?

Re: [platform] IOProvider - org.netbeans.api.io vs org.openide.windows

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.
Thanks, I think I got it now.
Ended up at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/platform/core.output2/src/org/netbeans/core/output2/NbIOProvider.java
.
I also think I understand why there are, at least, two IOProviders, and the
main problem was resolved by adding a missing dependency.

So far it's a happy new year. :)

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.