Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Delfina Gonzalez <dg...@agentissoftware.com> on 2005/03/09 03:40:32 UTC

Axis/WebSphere SAAJ classloader issue

Help!

I'm aware that the fix for this is to set the classloader mode to
'parent last', however I've tried just about every combination of
setting the classloader mode at the server, application and web app
level to no avail. I'm not using WSAD, instead tinkering with these
values via the admin console in:
   * Servers\Application Servers\<server name>\General Properties
   * Applications\Enterprise Applications\<axis web app>\Classloader Mode
   * Applications\Enterprise Applications\<axis web app>\Local
Topology\<axis web app>\Web Module\<axis WAR file>\Classloader Mode

I'm restarting the server after every config change and testing my web
service via the DynamicInvoker client.

I'm really stuck and would *greatly* appreciate and help

Thanks

Delfina

Re: Axis/WebSphere SAAJ classloader issue

Posted by Delfina Gonzalez <dg...@agentissoftware.com>.
I was able to overcome the issue of WebSphere loading it's own SAAJ
implementation by removing all but the following JARs from WEB-INF\lib:

axis.jar
axis-ant.jar
saaj.jar
log4j-1.2.8.jar

This fixed the problem of the web app failing to start when its
classloader mode was set to PARENT_LAST with the exception:

org.apache.commons.discovery.DiscoveryException: Class
com.ibm.ws.commons.logging.TrLogFactory does not implement
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory