Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/03/26 16:15:23 UTC

JIRA

Hi all,

You may have noticed that we have started entering issues into JIRA - we'll be using this tool to manage issues and enhancement requests for future releases. It will also serve as our "project roadmap":

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Greg

Re: JIRA

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Definitely.

Re: JIRA

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
>are we (other Pivot Developers) able to put new issues in JIRA, at
>least for problems/bugs, or tracking our activities ?

Yes - please do.

Re: JIRA

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ah, sorry, another thing interesting for Pivot 1.2 or higher could be
a better interaction with (usually) Corporate Intranet webapps, where
custom authentications are used.

For next releases, some ideas:
- I'm thinking to implement a support for a Digest authentication, and
later to provide others ...
- a Color Utility class to transform/check/simulate them , as
discussed via mail previous days ...
- a simple XMLSerializer is missing, could we plan it ?
- move projects layout to a more common standard, like that used in
Maven for libraries (jar) projects, so for example throw -test
projects moving their code inside the related project, in the test
directory ... ok this maybe for 2.x
- enable maven builds for pivot sources, this could simplify all the
tests with various Servers ...
- add a experimental sub-project (/src , /test, etc) where to put
experimental code (proof-of-concept, less tested, etc) ... and maybe
non-standard library dependencies

- ensure compatibility with headless mode for pivot classes, at least
the core classes
- then for example see if it's possible to run pivot applications in a
headless server to do some work, generate an offscreen bitmap and
use/save it, for documentation purposes, graphics generation, etc ...

What do you think ?

To propose this type of things, is it better to discuss via mail, and
later on JIRA I think, right ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: JIRA