Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2011/08/17 09:48:22 UTC

Re: Commit mailinglists

On 2011-08-17, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I don't know why commit mails go to the general list, but this one
>> caught my eye:

> It should go to log4j-cvs@logging.apache.org to my knowledge
> But looking at the headers they all go to general@logging.apache.org

> Looking at the website, there is no commit mailinglist mentioned at all.

> Instead we should create log4j-commits@logging.apache.org for svn
> commits and issues
> Same is true for log4php, log4net and log4cxx

log4net has log4net-cvs@logging which is used - but neither advertised
on the site nor visible at the mail archive.  I have already opened an
INFRA ticket for an archive of log4net-cvs about an hour ago 8-)

If the lists exists, PMC chairmen and infrastructure volunteers can make
sure they get used.  We only need help from the infra team if the lists
don't exist in the first place.

Stefan