Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au> on 2007/01/17 04:24:49 UTC

Cocoon and glassfish

Hi
We are trying to get cocoon 2.1.9 to run with Glassfish (latest release)
and JDK 1.5 (update 10). We have it running successfully on JBoss. We
deploy on glassfish and many of the things seem to work, however, when
we set a session attribute it seems to fail. When we try and do anything
with the session attribute it fails with a "session is already
invalidated" exception. We have not invalidated the HTTP session, in
fact, when we put debug in after the javax.servlet.http.HttpSession is
created, it says it is already invalidated.

Anyone have an idea where this is failing and why?

Cheers.

--
Kamal Bhatt

Re: Cocoon and glassfish

Posted by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au>.
Kamal Bhatt wrote:
> Hi
> We are trying to get cocoon 2.1.9 to run with Glassfish (latest
> release) and JDK 1.5 (update 10). We have it running successfully on
> JBoss. We deploy on glassfish and many of the things seem to work,
> however, when we set a session attribute it seems to fail. When we try
> and do anything with the session attribute it fails with a "session is
> already invalidated" exception. We have not invalidated the HTTP
> session, in fact, when we put debug in after the
> javax.servlet.http.HttpSession is created, it says it is already
> invalidated.
>
> Anyone have an idea where this is failing and why?
>
> Cheers.

Fixed the problem. For prosperity, the problem was that we set the
timeoutSeconds to 0 (in the sun-web file). According to the docs (and
experience with other applications) this is meant to set the timeout to
forever. This is not the case, it seems to set it 0. This looks like
some weird SJSAS bug that only exhibits itself for SJSAS 9 PE and
glassfish.

--
Kamal Bhatt