Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeff Branc <jb...@avicon.com> on 2001/09/26 20:05:48 UTC

help with Request Generator

[executive overview]
I'm trying to convert a web form 'request' into XML and then send the XML to
another servlet.
[/executive overview]

I would like to convert a web form name/value pairs to XML using the Request
generator.  I'm not sure how to setup the sitemap tho.  my goal is to have
the submit button trigger the conversion, then pipe the xml to another
servlet.  (a Vitria http connector).  It seems like i need to have an action
involved too, but i'm too new to cocoon to fully grasp how to use actions
and the sitemap outside of the given examples...  if you could point me in
the right direction that would be terrific!

on a separate note, if anyone has wedged cocoon inbetween Vitria and the
web, please let me know. once this 'input' is accomplished, i'm going to
need to intercept vitria's output to stylesheet it before it goes out.

Thanks!