Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by umrzyk <um...@googlemail.com> on 2007/06/07 23:44:43 UTC

T5 forward to page

hi,
as I noticed, it is not possible to call
request.getRequestDispatcher("/my/superb/page").forward(...) as such a page
is not a "real" resource. all other resources like "/index.jsp" are obviously
recognized correctly. is it somehow possible to forward request to page
generated by T5 ?

regards,
umrzyk

Re: T5 forward to page

Posted by Janko Muzykant <um...@googlemail.com>.
Being more precise I wanted to use DWR to re-generate my page once again via
XMLHttpRequest. It looks like this:
- javascript calls my ajax java method
- ajax method calls DWR's forwardToString(..) which is essentialy
getRequestDispatcher.forward and returns as a result html content.

and here i run into trouble because i'm notified that such a resource does
not exist. I'm not sure if there is no easier way to get (in my own servlet)
generated html result of  given page/component. something like "public
String TapestryFactory.generatePage(String path)"  would be helpful :)

Re: T5 forward to page

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.