Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2013/10/14 04:12:15 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] the first Tajo release plan

For months, we have resolved about 170 issues and contributed many
source codes. I rescheduled some issues that can be delayed for the
next release. Now, there are a few of issues as you can see at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO/fixforversion/12324252.

After the remain issues are resolved, we could start release process
according to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html.
This document describes some tasks to be checked at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list.

The important tasks are as follows:
 * Ensure that all unit tests are passed
 * Add DISCLAIMER
 * Check NOTICE.txt
 * Check LICENSE.txt
 * Check ASF license header in all source code (it looks easy because
we already use rat.)

The below tasks should be done after the above tasks are resolved.
 * Add source snapshot to Git Tag
 * Check key signs (http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html,
http://people.apache.org/~henkp/sig/pgp-key-signing.txt)

Then, we can start a call for vote for release. If there are any
volunteers, feel free to check the above things and let us to know the
checked things.

Many thanks!

- hyunsik