Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com> on 2013/06/03 22:11:17 UTC

Re: External Network Usage

I have spent some time looking at the usage data in the database and
looking over the code.

When 'bytes_in' and 'bytes_out' are reported, they are reported for a
specific network.  Is this only for traffic between the public and the
private network?  Does private traffic affect these numbers if the traffic
does not go through the public?  So if two VMs on the same network send
traffic between them selves on their vlan without it being routed through
the public ip, will that traffic show up in the bytes_in and bytes_out data?

Thanks...

Re: External Network Usage

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks for the answers Wei.

Is the public traffic broken down by public IP then?  Lets say we have 3
public IPs setup on a network; the source nat ip, a port forwarding ip and
a static nat ip.  Would each of these ips track its own traffic and only
the traffic which goes through that IP?  If so, we would then have three
rows in the user_statistics table for that network, one row corresponding
to the aggregation for each public ip?

Thanks

Re: External Network Usage

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.