Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh McDonald <jo...@joshmcdonald.info> on 2009/03/31 06:20:29 UTC

WebApp configuration best practice?

Hi guys,

First, apologies if this is off-topic for the Tomcat list! If so, where
should I ask it? My question is simple (I hope). What's the best practice
when:

1) you're distributing a .war file
2) the app needs some simple configuration information
3) it will likely be deployed onto shared hosts with no access to server.xml

Any enlightenment will be much appreciated!

Cheers,
-Josh

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
  -  josh@joshmcdonald.info
  -  http://twitter.com/sophistifunk
  -  http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/

RE: WebApp configuration best practice?

Posted by Ilya Kazakevich <ka...@devexperts.com>.
Use context, and IT would be able to configure your app outside of war file.

> First, apologies if this is off-topic for the Tomcat list! If so,
> where should I ask it? My question is simple (I hope). What's the best
> practice
> when:
>
> 1) you're distributing a .war file
> 2) the app needs some simple configuration information

Customise your build script to include the config, or supply additional
config files that contain your extra info to the war file.

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.