Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "GS.Chandra N" <gs...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/13 07:23:53 UTC

Doubts on the environment

Hi,

I have some doubts about the tools and environment in general and would
someone clear them for me please ?

   1. What is the rate of stats displayed by qpid-queue-stat. I'm confused
   by the fact that it displays "Sec" as 10. So are the stats at 10 sec rate or
   1 sec rate but measured only every 10 secs?

   2. How do i clear the exchange, server and client queue stats before
   re-running stats - currently i have to bring everything down to get fresh
   stats - this seems extremely cumbersome.

   3. Does C++ clients support a management queue like cpp broker, to get
   stats etc?

   4. I create queues with the same name everytime. When i bring down my
   cleitn and reconnect again i seem to get the data from the old queue though
   i have not mentioned persistence as an attribute of my queue. What gives?

   connection.start()
   session = connection.session(str(uuid4()))

   server_q_name = "pyclient-feeds-queue"
   session.queue_declare(queue=server_q_name, exclusive=True)

   local_q_name = "local feeds queue"
   local_q = session.incoming(local_q_name)

   session.message_subscribe(queue=server_q_name, destination=local_q_name)
   local_q.start()

Thanks
Arun

Re: Doubts on the environment

Posted by "GS.Chandra N" <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> wrote:
>qpid-queue-stat displays the statistics as they are published by the
broker.  By default, this is every 10 seconds.  You can change the rate
using the --mgmt-pub-interval switch on the broker's command line.  The
rates displayed by qpid-queue-stats are normalized to units-per-second.

One another doubt Tedd, is this - the rates ought to be different from one
queue / exchange to another, based on the individual incoming and dequing
rates. Is there any way to get this figure, rather than the normalized rates
for the entire broker?

Thanks
gs

Posted by "GS.Chandra N" <gs...@gmail.com>.
>On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>wrote:
>no, we don't have a load from file utility. so options today are
qpi-config, via QMF or via AMQP
command set

Thanks for the reply Carl.

I do remember seeing something on QMF but command sets are new to me. Can
you please direct me to the appropriate documentation ?

Thanks
gs

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "GS.Chandra N" <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "GS.Chandra N" <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> wrote:

>You should add "auto_delete=True" to the session.queue_declare function.
 Otherwise, the queue stays in place between test runs.

Ok. But what about exchanges ? When  i do a show from qpid-tool on the
amq.match exchange it shows property durable to be true. How do i configure
this?

>qpid-queue-stat displays the statistics as they are published by the
broker.

Not related but when i do a show on the queue from the apid-tool i see
latency related figures in it. But they are always zero. Now how do i get
these figures to show the actual latencies ?

Thanks for the replies
gs

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
GS.Chandra N wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some doubts about the tools and environment in general and would
> someone clear them for me please ?
>
>    1. What is the rate of stats displayed by qpid-queue-stat. I'm confused
>    by the fact that it displays "Sec" as 10. So are the stats at 10 sec rate or
>    1 sec rate but measured only every 10 secs?

qpid-queue-stat displays the statistics as they are published by the
broker.  By default, this is every 10 seconds.  You can change the rate
using the --mgmt-pub-interval switch on the broker's command line.  The
rates displayed by qpid-queue-stats are normalized to units-per-second.
>    2. How do i clear the exchange, server and client queue stats before
>    re-running stats - currently i have to bring everything down to get fresh
>    stats - this seems extremely cumbersome.

There's no support for clearing the stats but qpid-queue-stats only
shows rates and depths which should go to zero by themselves between tests.
>    3. Does C++ clients support a management queue like cpp broker, to get
>    stats etc?

No.