Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Keys, Andrew T" <an...@bankofamerica.com> on 2003/02/27 14:45:57 UTC

RE: does log4j is synchronized?

I spent many hours trying to figure this out.  If you are using separate JVM's that write to the same log file then the operating system will not be able to handle the resource sharing.  The JVM's don't know of each other and are trying to access a log.txt resource at the same time.  In version 1.4 Sun put some class's to help java share system resources.  I had to get each JVM to write to separate logs to fix my issue under 1.3.1.

Andy

Posted by Kevin Hale Boyes <ke...@illuminatnm.com>.
Keys, Andrew T wrote:
> In version 1.4 Sun put some class's to help java share system resources.

What classes are those?

Kevin.