Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ryan Pan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/15 17:18:43 UTC

can information stored in the page be cleaned after user leave these page automatically?

Hi all,
    Can any body tell me how to clean the information stored in the page
automatically?
    I encounter a issue that when I come back to the page that had been
to,informations had not been cleaned.
    So any answer?

Thanks,
Ryan.

Re: can information stored in the page be cleaned after user leave these page automatically?

Posted by Paul Cantrell <ca...@pobox.com>.
Yes -- but the easiest way to clean stuff up is to let Tapestry
manage it for you by writing abstract property accessors:

     public abstract String getArticleTitle();
     public abstract void setArticleTitle(String title);

If you declare properties that way, Tap will handle their lifecycle
for you. Read the docs -- they explain this.

Cheers,

Paul

Posted by Scott Russell <sc...@hotmail.com>.
Stephanie,

I have a similar problem in my app - I have persistent page properties that
needed to remain on the page for a period of time, but at some point they
should basically be cleared, so as not to clog up the session.

The solution I came up with was to define a certain point (eg. top-level menu
selection in my app) where you can clear all persistent page properties.

So my top-level menus are DirectLinks, that call a listener that does
something like this:

public abstract component HeaderMenu extends BaseComponent {

    public String showBookingPage(IRequestCycle cycle){
        PageUtils.clearAllPageStates(cycle);
        return "Booking";
    }

    public String showSearchPage(IRequestCycle cycle){
        PageUtils.clearAllPageStates(cycle);
        return "Search";
    }

    ..... {etc}

}

public class PageUtils {

    public static void clearAllPageStates(IRequestCycle cycle){
        List<String> pageNames =
cycle.getInfrastructure().getSpecificationSource().getApplicationNamespace().getPageNames();
        for (String pageName : pageNames){
            cycle.forgetPage(pageName);
        }
    }
}

Posted by Stephane Decleire <sd...@cariboo-networks.com>.
I thought it has ... cause leaving the page generaly implies using a
link and in the case of an ExternalLink, it seems difficult to clean the
page either with forgetPage or with discardPage ... (witch is straitforward
when one uses a DirectLink).

Stephane

Posted by Vincent <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

I also met the same problem with clean up issue, is there any working
solution for this?

regards,
Vincent

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.