Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2017/09/04 09:10:01 UTC

Re: General Inquiry

Hi Nikou

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 8:29 PM, Nikou Saranjam
<ni...@globalpay.com> wrote:
> We are looking for a referral agreement partnership, meaning if you refer a
> developer or ecommerce customer to us to setup their payment technology, we
> will share processing revenue with your organization. We have an
> integration with over 150 gateways, and many platforms, so you can leverage
> this to compliment your services.

Apache Fineract as a project will not partner with you in this way.
Apache projects are vendor-neutral.  A referral agreement of this sort
would violate that neutrality.

https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking

One possible approach for your company in this case would be to create
a bridge component for integration with the Fineract ecosystem.  If it
creates real value for potential Fineract administrators, users, or
serviced communities, such a bridge component could be linked.  The
link would be non-endorsing but descriptive and would be placed in a
product-support page:

https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/linking#productsupport

If we were to create such a page, we would also link other similar
projects (such as the Stellar bridge component) next to yours.

That would have to be voted on by the Fineract community before we
could do it.  If we do something like that, it would be without
expectation on our part of you donating to the ASF or any other
foundation.  Your donation would still be appreciated though.

https://donate.apache.org/

Best Regards,
Myrle