Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paulo Pinto <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/19 15:06:25 UTC

Problem with overlays and the war package plugin

Hi everyone,

I am having a few problems with overlays while using the war packaging
plugin.

I have a war project and I intended to start two applications (war) using
the cargo
plugin, from inside this project.

Now, in order for this to function, the cargo plugin requires that all war
files to
be deployed are also listed as dependencies. And here is where the problem
surfaces, the war packaging plugin sees the dependencies and tries to make
use
of the overlaying feature.

Is there anyway to disable the overlaying in a simple manner? So far, what I
have
found on the documentation seems too much configuration.

Thanks,
Paulo

Re: Problem with overlays and the war package plugin

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Paulo,

Paulo Pinto wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am having a few problems with overlays while using the war packaging
> plugin.
>
> I have a war project and I intended to start two applications (war) using
> the cargo
> plugin, from inside this project.
>
> Now, in order for this to function, the cargo plugin requires that all war
> files to
> be deployed are also listed as dependencies. And here is where the problem
> surfaces, the war packaging plugin sees the dependencies and tries to make
> use
> of the overlaying feature.
>
> Is there anyway to disable the overlaying in a simple manner? So far, what
> I have
> found on the documentation seems too much configuration.

The war plugin ignores war dependencies if they are declared with
scope "provided". However, I don't know if that has also a side effect on
the cargo plugin.

- Jörg

Re: Problem with overlays and the war package plugin

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It seems like you either need to put the Cargo declaration and WAR
plugin dependencies in a project that is not a webapp itself, or to
configure Cargo so it doesn't require the WARs as dependencies (as I
understand it, using the <deployable> configuration does this).

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/