Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com> on 2020/01/02 15:41:37 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Facing issues while starting Cassandra

Any read-only file systems? Have you tried to start from the command line (instead of a service)? Sometimes that will give a more helpful error when start-up can’t complete.

If your error is literally what you included, it looks like the executable can’t find the cassandra.yaml file.

I will agree with Jeff, though. When I have seen a similar error it has usually been a yaml violation, such as having a tab (instead of spaces) in the yaml file. Check that specific node’s file with a yaml lint detector?

Sean Durity