Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Francesco Bailo <me...@francescobailo.net> on 2018/02/01 22:52:52 UTC

SPARQL: filter on xsd:date

Hello,

I've noticed that adding a `FILTER` based on a `xsd:date` (not
`xsd:dateTime`) property increases dramatically the execution time of the
SPARQL query and in a few instances I'm not even able to complete it (it
times out after 60 secs). It's not a huge dataset: without the filter, the
same query returns approx 11,000 rows in about 6-7 seconds.

I've googled this problem and some say it's an issue linked to the fact
that SPARQL 1.1 only (natively?) deals with xsd:dateTime and not with
xsd:date, which then has to be converted.

Can you confirm this? Should I recode all the properties to xsd:dateTime?

Thanks.

Francesco

m: +61 416 860 221
e: me@francescobailo.net