Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ru...@thomson.com on 2006/12/20 23:29:47 UTC

subfolders under resources causing problems...

Have any of you had any issues with creating subfolders under the
src/main/resources or src/test/resources folders with the Eclipse plugin
and then updating source folders?

We are getting the following errors when you try to "update source
folders" with the maven plugin due to our subfolders under resources.
If we delete the sub folders then the maven plugin can setup the source
folders fine, with them in place we get this error:

12/20/06 5:22:33 PM EST: Unable to update source folders myproject; Java
Model Exception: Java Model Status [Cannot nest output folder
myproject/src/main/resources/filtered' inside output folder '
myproject/src/main/resources']

Re: subfolders under resources causing problems...

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 12/20/06, rudy.bistrovich@thomson.com <ru...@thomson.com> wrote:

> 12/20/06 5:22:33 PM EST: Unable to update source folders myproject; Java
> Model Exception: Java Model Status [Cannot nest output folder
> myproject/src/main/resources/filtered' inside output folder '
> myproject/src/main/resources']

I think that both the error message and the suggested workaround (use
src/main/filtered-resources rather than src/main/resources/filtered)
are so obvious, that it isn't worth discussing here.

Btw, IMO you should thank the programmers that they have taken care
and checked whether you are using nested folders rather than simply
ignoring them and silently causing all kind of resulting trouble.

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)