Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rambabu Potturi <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/01 01:32:38 UTC

external-graphic and PCL rendering

Hi,

I am having a peculiar problem. I am not able to render into PCL if I have
an external graphic in the FO document. I get the following exception when I
try this programatically:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3170)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:433)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(AbstractSAXParser.java:715)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.endDocument(XMLNamespaceBinder.java:704)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.endDocument(XMLDTDValidator.java:985)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:437)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1159)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.load(XMLEntityManager.java:3204)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$EntityScanner.skipSpaces(XMLEntityManager.java:2905)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:987)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:529)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:585)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
	at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1148)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TrAXFilter.parse(TrAXFilter.java:134)
	at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Unknown Source)
	at FOPPrintTest4.print(FOPPrintTest4.java:96)
	at FOPPrintTest4.main(FOPPrintTest4.java:124)

I tried this even with the example provided with the download and have the
same problem. As soon as I remove the external graphic, it is fine.
I've a production deployment soon and I need to do this some how.

Could some body help me to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Ram

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.

RE: external-graphic and PCL rendering

Posted by Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au>.
Ram,

> I am having a peculiar problem. I am not able to render into
> PCL if I have
> an external graphic in the FO document. I get the following
> exception when I
Does PDF work?

> I tried this even with the example provided with the download
Which example?

> and have the
> same problem. As soon as I remove the external graphic, it is fine.
> I've a production deployment soon and I need to do this some how.
It's probably your image (too large?). I can produce pcl with external
graphics on the command line no prob.

Regards,
Roland