Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by harini <ph...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/07 23:00:23 UTC

modifications to ALS.scala

Hi all,I am trying to implement ALS with a slightly modified objective
function, which will require minor changes to fit -> train -> computeFactors
within  ALS.scala
<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/v1.6.2/mllib/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/ml/recommendation/ALS.scala>
- Is there a way to do this without having to build spark in its entirety?

Re: modifications to ALS.scala

Posted by Georg Heiler <ge...@gmail.com>.
You can write some code e.g. A custom estimator transformer in sparks
namespace.
http://stackoverflow.com/a/40785438/2587904 might help you get started.
Be aware that using private e.g. Spark internal api might be subjected to
change from release to release.

You definitely will require spark -mllib dependency.

Currently for my usage I was not required to build a separate version of
mllib.

Posted by harini <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Georg Heiler <ge...@gmail.com>.
What about putting a custom als implementation into sparks name space?