Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Evgeniy The Best <ke...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/03 06:52:06 UTC

Is there a way to get last modified date per power point slide with Apache POI?

Hello everyone

I'm writing a custom converter from XMind to pptx using Apache POI and face
the problem where I need to identify whether the slide converted before has
been changed (to avoid overriding existing user modifications). Is there
such an option?

Another question is what's the best way to store custom metadata per slide,
such as identifier, last convertion timestamp, etc? So far I didn't find
any better option that setting slide name with encoding metadata in that
name

Best regards,
Eugene Kalashnikov

Re: Is there a way to get last modified date per power point slide with Apache POI?

Posted by Robert Cochran <r2...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

I wonder if a version control system such as Git can give you the
capabilities you are looking for?

Thanks so much

Bob