Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Johnathan Gifford <jg...@wernervas.com> on 2006/02/07 19:28:24 UTC

WebDAV with Subversion

I'm getting errors trying to drop a files into a new repository using WebDav
on Mac OS X and Windows XP.  The errors are as follow:

On Windows XP (Professional):

An error occurred copying some or all of the selected files.

On Mac OS X (Tiger):

You cannot copy some of these items to the destination because their names
are too long or contain invalid characters for the destination.  Do you want
to skip copying these items and continue copying the other items?

First, all files are legit in naming (i.e. No special characters).  Second,
even files with that are 8.3 or less are rejected.  Also, even telling the
popup prompt to 'continue' or 'stop' has no effect.

This is a new repository.  There are no hooks configured on the repository.
Permission on the repository are set correctly with the specified Apache
user and group. Authentication and authorization is occurring through Apache
2.2.0 with a basic type of authentication and using a group file and
mod_authz_svn for authorization.  I have full read and write privileges.
There are no errors in the Apache log files that would help.

I'm fairly sure it is a configuration issue.  Anyone have any ideas where I
should be be looking?

Johnathan

Re: WebDAV with Subversion

Posted by Phillip Novess <pn...@mac.com>.
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to here that you solved the issue.

On Feb 7, 2006, at 1:51 PM, Johnathan Gifford wrote:

Ah ha!

Found the culprit.  In the apache conf file for the url - MUST HAVE...

SVNAutoversioning On

This needs to be placed in the <Location> section for the repository
being
used.

More info (and a movie) can be found at...

http://weblog.textdrive.com/article/92/holy-auto-subversion-batman

Johnathan

Re: WebDAV with Subversion

Posted by Johnathan Gifford <jg...@wernervas.com>.