Posted to user@flink.apache.org by mozer <me...@externe.bnpparibas.com> on 2018/08/21 13:15:03 UTC

Unable to start Flink HA cluster with Zookeeper

I am trying to install a Flink HA cluster (Zookeeper mode) but the task
manager cannot find the job manager.

Here I give you the architecture;

    - Machine 1 : Job Manager + Zookeeper
    - Machine 2 : Task Manager

masters:

    Machine1

slaves :

    Machine2

flink-conf.yaml:

    #jobmanager.rpc.address: localhost
    jobmanager.rpc.port: 6123
    blob.server.port: 50100-50200
    taskmanager.data.port: 6121
    high-availability: zookeeper
    high-availability.zookeeper.quorum: Machine1:2181
    high-availability.zookeeper.path.root: /flink-1.5.1
    high-availability.cluster-id: /default_b
    high-availability.storageDir: file:///shareflink/recovery

Here this is the log of Task Manager, it tries to connect to localhost
instead of Machine1:

    2018-08-17 10:46:44,875 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.util.LeaderRetrievalUtils            - Trying to
select the network interface and address to use by connecting to the leading
JobManager.
    2018-08-17 10:46:44,876 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.util.LeaderRetrievalUtils            - TaskManager
will try to connect for 10000 milliseconds before falling back to heuristics
    2018-08-17 10:46:44,966 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Retrieved
new target address /127.0.0.1:37133.
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,324 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Trying to
connect to address /127.0.0.1:37133
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,325 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Failed to
connect from address 'Machine2/IP-Machine2': Connection refused
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,325 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Failed to
connect from address '/127.0.0.1': Connection refused
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,325 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Failed to
connect from address '/IP_Machine2': Connection refused
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,325 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Failed to
connect from address '/127.0.0.1': Connection refused
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,326 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Failed to
connect from address '/IP_Machine2': Connection refused
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,326 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Failed to
connect from address '/127.0.0.1': Connection refused
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,726 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Trying to
connect to address /127.0.0.1:37133
    2018-08-17 10:46:45,727 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.net.ConnectionUtils                  - Failed to
connect from address 'Machine2/IP-Machine2

    2018-08-17 10:47:22,022 WARN  akka.remote.ReliableDeliverySupervisor
- Association with remote system [akka.tcp://flink@127.0.0.1:36515] has
failed, address is now gated for [50] ms. Reason: [Association failed with
[akka.tcp://flink@127.0.0.1:36515]] Caused by: [Connection refused:
/127.0.0.1:36515]

    2018-08-17 10:47:22,022 INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.taskexecutor.TaskExecutor            - Could not
resolve ResourceManager address
akka.tcp://flink@127.0.0.1:36515/user/resourcemanager, retrying in 10000 ms:
Could not connect to rpc endpoint under address
akka.tcp://flink@127.0.0.1:36515/user/resourcemanager..
    2018-08-17 10:47:32,037 WARN  akka.remote.transport.netty.NettyTransport
- Remote connection to [null] failed with java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: /127.0.0.1:36515

PS. : **/etc/hosts** contains the **localhost, Machine1 and Machine2**

Can you please tell me how the Task Manager can connect to Job Manager ?

Regards

Re: Unable to start Flink HA cluster with Zookeeper

Posted by mozer <me...@externe.bnpparibas.com>.
Thanks for the info, I have managed to launch a HA cluster with adding
rpc.address for all job managers.
But it did not work with start-cluster.sh, I had to add one by one.

Re: Unable to start Flink HA cluster with Zookeeper

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <wy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
It will use HA settings as long as you specify the high-availability:
zookeeper. The jobmanager.rpc.adress is used by the jobmanager as a binding
address. You can verify it by starting two jobmanagers and then killing the
leader.
Best,
Dawid

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <wy...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
In your case the jobmanager binds itself to localhost and that's what it
writes to zookeeper. Try starting the jobmanager manually with
jobmanager.rpc.address set to the ip of machine you are running the
jobmanager.  In other words make sure the jobmanager binds itself to the
right ip.

Regards
Dawid